[argyllcms] Scanner profile with Wolf Faust IT8 target

  • From: "Umberto Guidali" <umberto.guidali@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 23:34:59 +0200

Dear all,

I bought two IT8 target (one for Kodak paper and one for FujiFilm paper)
from Wolf Faust web. The target was very good, and also the shipping was
made with a very strong package; I receive them in a perfect condition !!!

I try to deploy 2 profile for my poor scanner (multifunction Canon MP600)
and the result was:

For KODAK paper

-          Profile check complete, peak err = 1.435324, avg err = 0.055412

For FUJI paper

-          Profile check complete, peak err = 1.194947, avg err = 0.059122

For the both profile I used a colprof with -qu and -ax options. I think that
the result was very good.

About the image used for generate them, I scan the target with GIMP 2.8 and
I saved the result as non compressed TIF at 24 bit because GIMP doesn't
support 48 bit.

Do you think that the profile will be more accurate with 16 bit for channel
source image target? Could you suggest some free software that allow to
interface scanner in TWAIN mode that support saving fit at 48 bit?

Many thanks in advance

Umberto