[argyllcms] Re: Profiling in-camera color transformation

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:57:39 +0000

Hi :)

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

I want to "profile" the difference, between my raw (developed
liniearly), and the JPG
produced by my camera.

Interesting idea - but remember that regular (non-devicelink) profiles describe the response of a *device*. You want to describe a *transformation* - to do that, you'll need a profile to describe each endpoint of that transformation. Once you have that much, you can "bake" it into a devicelink profile if you wish.

Like I said, I don't want to use the manufacturer data as a reference. But
the JPG the camera produced.

Try using the IT8 reference to profile the camera's response in *both* JPEG and Raw mode - then build a devicelink from the Raw profile to the JPEG profile. (Or just use cctiff to transform between them)

Unless I've missed something (which is entirely possible!) applying that devicelink to further raw images should do what you want. It'll probably only work for images taken in exactly the same lighting conditions, though.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson