[argyllcms] Re: Profiling a digital camera with a ColorChecker 24 patches

  • From: "Hal V. Engel" <hvengel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:15:54 -0800

On Monday 18 February 2008 19:26:06 Roger Breton wrote:
> Hal,
>
> I give up :(
>
> I tried to locate the Win32 executable in the "Qt4-port branch of CVS" but
> all I can find is v1.11.4 dated June 5, 2006, which only has support for th
> IT8.

Sorry I didn't know you were running Windows.  When a developer says that some
thing is in CVS he is saying that there is source code available that can be
built to create an executable.  CVS stands for Concurrent Versioning System
and it is where we store and manage our source code.  Most Linux and some Mac
users would know how to get the code and build the application.  But Windows
users, other than developers, would have a very difficult time building LProf
or almost any software for that matter.  This is in part because Windows
users are not used to building software and in part because Windows is a VERY
difficult environment to get setup for this.

I just finished testing the Qt4-port branch on Windows in preparation for
merging it into the main development line.  In addition, I actually created a
Windows binary installation as well as part of this testing.  Hows that for
timing.   This code is in many ways highly experimental at this point but the
parts that are there for profiling scanners and cameras are actually more
mature,  more stable,  more feature rich and in some ways more user friendly
than 1.11.4 but there are also some very rough areas in the UI as well.  I
will be testing the Windows installer tomorrow on a non-development manchine
to make sure it will work for users.  If you would like I can put the
installer someplace where you can do a download and get a link to you once
this testing is complete.

Hal