[argyllcms] Re: Profile problem

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 18:52:17 +1000

Noi Graphics wrote:

I tried to built a CMYK inkjet profile using Argyll with this options: -v -qh -y -kx -l400 -L100 -iD50 -f -r0.5 -T4 -c0 -d0 Device.ti3 but the profile is very very noisy. Is any way to smooth the profile? ( when I print the images I have vertical banding to )

Without the profile in question, together with examples of the effect you are seeing, it's hard to make any comment.

Most of the time, "banding" is a product of the inkjet printer
itself. The first step therefore, is to clearly demonstrate
that the effect you are seeing is caused by the profile.

You are aware, for instance, that inkjet banding is more
prominent in the black channel (because it's a wideband
colorant), and that using -kx will maximise the banding
visible from the black channel ?