[argyllcms] Re: Profile problem

  • From: Andrej Javoršek <Andrej.Javorsek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 16:05:40 +0200

Hello!
The options that are default in PM5 for ink-jet are TAC 400% black start at 40% and GCR3 and for
Ink-jet 260, TAC 260% black start at 40% and GCR4.
That could be compared to argyll's -kp 0 0.4 1 1 0.7.
Or have you changed default PM settings?

On 2006.5.1, at 15:45, NOI wrote:

Graeme,
I tried to print the same image with a profile builded in ProfileMaker and banding doesn't exist on this print. Is strange but I tried in Argyll not only -kx but -kp to - and I have the banding there. Is true ; the profile from Argyll is more accurate and with a higher value for -r is smoother now . But banding is a true problem. What I can is to scan the prints ( one with PM5 and one with Argyll ) and send you both ( and the profiles of course )
About the banding : is visible from the midtones to the shadows - of course more prominent in the shadows