[argyllcms] Re: Profile for Negatives ?

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:16:46 +0200

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Simon ANTIBES <cadcolor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's the problem :
>
> Vuescan software can produce out-of-scanner images in DNG format.
> The problem arises with scans of negatives, which can be viewed,
> but are diplayed as negatives.
>
> To include these files in my Lightroom workflow
> I'd like to assign them a specific profile for negatives.
>
> Could that profile be generated ? :
>
> for 0.->1. color range it would give 1.->0.
> (so R= 240 would give R= 15 [255-240])
> this with linear gamma
> (plus gamma= 2.2 and gamma = 1./2.2 for test cases).

As far as I know, almost all decent scanner software has inversion for
negatives built-in... You should probably use the ICC profile for
color correction, not for negative inversion.

> Could general purpose tools allow creation
> of such profile,how, would they be accepted
> and applied by software (ie Lightroom,Photoshop...)?

Can Lightroom deal with standard ICC input profiles? I was under the
impression it couldn't...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn