[argyllcms] Re: Problem with interactive dispcal mode under Linux

  • From: Fridger Schrempp <fridger.schrempp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:31:03 +0100

On 03/18/2013 01:03 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:
Fridger Schrempp wrote:

I was wondering whether the used font type might be relevant, e.g. Unicode or
not? On X servers
there are lots of different fonts...I was thinking of this because there is
another possibly
connected irregularity in connection with using dispcalGUI: while under Windows
(XP SP3 and Win7
64bit) my colorimeter is properly displayed as "Spyder4", under my Linux
installations I only see
"Spyder." in dispcalGUI (Note the dot instead of the number 4!). The parallel
logfile displays
correctly "Spyder4", however.
Odd. I can't guess why that would be.

OK - the problem seems to be instrument specific, and restricted to
the Spyder. I'll upload a fix in due course.

Graeme Gill.

Just to be sure I reinstalled the ArgyllCMS 1.4.0 package from openSuSE 12.1 and performed precisely the same steps as detailed in my previous mail. The difference arises precisely here:

> 3
Adjust CRT Contrast or LCD Brightness to desired level. Press space when done.
  Initial 116.28
/ Current 116.35

> <Space>            <===========interrupts measurement=================

Press 1 .. 7
1) Black level (CRT: Offset/Brightness)
2) White point (Color temperature, R,G,B, Gain/Contrast)
3) White level (CRT: Gain/Contrast, LCD: Brightness/Backlight)
4) Black point (R,G,B, Offset/Brightness)
5) Check all
6) Measure and set ambient for viewing condition adjustment
7) Continue on to calibration
8) Exit

> 7
Commencing device calibration
patch 1 of 6

...and THIS is as it should be. Note that I used the SAME Spyder4 instrument as previously and altogether there was nothing changed except the argyllcms package.

Since I am a developer myself, I guess I'll also have a look into the code...
Can't be a big issue.

Fridger