[argyllcms] argyllcms and OSX 10.8.2

  • From: Tóth Norbert <norbhu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 18:33:38 +0100

Hi!

Im using Argyll with dispcalGUI for a while now on Windows PCs, and I'm more
than satisfied with it overall. The most professional tool for display
calibration I have ever seen.
I have recently started to use it on Macs too, and I have a problem. I don't
know exactly if it is related with Argyll, or dispcalGUI.

When I calibrate and profile a WCG screen, and check the profile at the end, it
is an sRGB space profile. Perfect, but sRGB gamut. My dislay is set to native
gamut of course. When calibrating with BasICColor for example, everything goes
fine.
I can see the difference when viewing images managed with this profile (usual
thing, over saturated reds, and etc…).

I think thats something like OSX colour manage the patches while the
colorimeter reads them (it can be sen that the reds are the usual sRGB space
yellowish ones) or something (unfortunately Im not an expert in OSX colour
management, so I just guessing)…

Do you have any ideas?