[argyllcms] Re: OT discussions?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:02:32 +1100

Peter Karp wrote:

I myself have a question about gamuts, which I have not posted here,
because it's off topic and not direct related to Argyll. How do you
think about side-topic or off-topic discussions on the argyllcms list?

If it has some pertinence to Argyll or color management (ie.
helps to understand how to use Argyll, or helps in setting
future development directions), then I see it as appropriate.
More general color management or color science discussions may well
be better had in other forums, simply because they will have a wider
audience. I'd tend to choose the ColorSync list for general color
management discussions, and sci.eng.color (when it's not being bombed
by "sporge") for color science.

other words: Do you tolerate or maybe even encourage to continue OT
discussions which evolve from an Argyll related posting?

Personally this is OK by me, others subscribed to this list
may not enjoy it so much though :-)