[argyllcms] OT discussions?

  • From: Peter Karp <qmailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:30:37 +0100

Dear Graeme,

first I'd like to thank you for your invaluable contributions in
different places, last not least for offering so many great tools in
Argyllcms!

Because I'm knew to your list I'd like to ask a question which seems
not to be discussed before. Often questions regarding Argyll will be
related to other questions about colormanagement, color appearance,
color measurement or color knowledge in general.

I myself have a question about gamuts, which I have not posted here,
because it's off topic and not direct related to Argyll. How do you
think about side-topic or off-topic discussions on the argyllcms list?

I guess so far the OT discussions have not been too much. Otherwise
you would have splitted the list to a developer and user list? In
other words: Do you tolerate or maybe even encourage to continue OT
discussions which evolve from an Argyll related posting? Otherwise the
color newsgroup sci.eng.color might be the best place to continue?

Best regards
Peter