[argyllcms] OT: CM-aware spooling [was: Re: Argyll CMS in Fedora (and Mandriva)]

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:45:36 +0000

Hi,

C wrote:

I wonder if there's any tool to implement
ICC aware transforms on spooled print jobs for
CUPS / Foomatic / Gutenprint.  It seems like one can
embed a ICC tag into files that are to be printed but
AFAIK there's nothing that actually does (as a print filter /
option) anything with that such as converting from source ICC
to printer colorspace.

It's possible to lash up PhotoPrint and a shell script into a very rudimentary solution for this. The result isn't properly CM-aware, and can't take profiles from submitted print jobs - what it *can* do, however, is convert spooled print-jobs from non-CM-Aware apps like OpenOffice from a preset source colour space to a printer profile.

Mail me off-list if you're interested to know more.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson