[argyllcms] Re: NEC monitor controls

  • From: "L" <jrle1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:18:41 -0400

Hi all,

I'm the person with the vague reference and I can't seem to locate it - sorry! . However, I just tried the test pattern (thanks! for the link) and according to the test pattern the most (and only) neutral sharpness setting on my nec 2190 is the factory default of 26.2. The link below is another person's experience using the test patterns.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t20693.html

Elle

Adrian Mariano wrote:

Another note is the proper choice for the "sharpness" setting. Someone in an earlier message said "use the factory default" based on a vague reference. I encountered the following test pattern:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/sharpness.php

and when I tuned the sharpness based on this test pattern I set it to 8.3%, which is significantly below the factory default setting around 26%. (I have a NEC 20WMGX2.) Of course, I don't have a real understanding of what this setting is doing and whether this particular calibration direction is right, but the effect on this test pattern is very clear.