[argyllcms] My current display profile: banding

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:23:31 -0600

I still don't understand what is going on with my calibration/profiling
attempts for my Samsung 226CW monitor, but I decided to work with it
for the moment.   It still shows what I consider a slight red-magenta tint
with a grayscale image, but when I try it on the test image produced
with timage, showing two color cubes with a gray scale between them, the
gray scale looks fine.   So my problem may be some perceptual problem
with my vision.

But I now have another problem.  With the calibration loaded into the
Video LUT, when I invoke the profile (in this case using inkscape),
I get some obvious banding which is either absent or minimal when
the profile is not invoked.   I created the profile using targen, etc.
using -f500 for targen and -qm for colprof.

Any suggestions?

--
Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University