[argyllcms] Re: Monitor profiling questions

  • From: Michael Grigoriev <mag-argyll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 16:11:19 -0500

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 04:40:59PM +1100, Graeme Gill wrote:
> See how you go fixing the black end calibration, and then re-do the
> profile readings. If you still get a poor profile fit, run profcheck on
> the .ti3 and the .icm, using -v, and see what sort of discrepancies there
> are. If some of them are very large (ie. delta E 100+), then this
> indicates a severe problem in samples being mismatched somehow. I'm not
> sure quite how that would happen with a display though. Send me the .ti3,
> and I'll take a look at it. One would usually expect a profile fit average
> delta E in the 1-3 range.

-k 0 seems to have made things much happier:
    profile check complete, peak err = 5.402700, avg err = 0.142964
and most importantly blacks are still black.

Thanks of most useful software and excellent support :)

--
Have fun,                            "All around the points of light
Michael "mag" Grigoriev          Start to dim and cease transmitting