[argyllcms] Monitor profile

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:01:19 -0400

Well, I've gone through the complete loop.

First, dispcal, at 5000K. Then, targen with (only) 64 patches. Then
dispread, taken into account the .cal file, which resulted in a .ti3 file.
Finally, made an ICC profile from the ti3 file.

So far, the result is less than stellar. Something did not work right.

This is on a Eizo CG21 that is presently calibrated internally with a one
channel 10bit LUT at a gamma of 2.2. Calibrated white point is D50. The VCGT
in the Eizo profile shows linear curves.

When I launch dispcal, I'm starting off linear curves in the video LUT.
That, I suppose, should not be the cause of my problem.

Where I suspect the problem lies is at the dispread stage.

Somehow, when dispread launched, after calibrating the DTP94, applying the
.cal file, the screen dramatically changes appearance. I usually have my
desktop filled with a gray background image. This image turned sort of
bluish-greenish when dispread launched. And I could see the white point
going very yellowish.

Going to experiment further...

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx