[argyllcms] Re: Measuring a colorcheker on screen

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:07:29 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:03:01 +0100 (CET)
> Von: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
> An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [argyllcms] Re: Measuring a colorcheker on screen

> It is not enough. The black point must be taken into accout.
> A RGB 0,0,0 smaple on screen will have a XYZ different from 0,0,0.
> CMM's should give XYZ 0,0,0 for ICC relative intent as it is
> required for display profiles.

Did I miss anything in the ICC spec? Could you please point me to the
chapter/page in the spec where this requirement is stated?

Or do you just talk about the pseudo-intent "relative colorimetric with BPC",
which could be computed by a CMM from the colorimetric tables in the profile
(in order to avoid that very dark colors are clipped on the display)?

Thanks,
Gerhard