Thank's for your last three replies. All those issues are now behind me.
I want to report I created the first monitor profile ever for my NEC PA271W
with measurements from my Minolta CS-200, and the colors are stunning.
I created the profiles out of a 200 patches set which, in Auto mode, took
about 10 minutes to measure. Time well spent.
I want to go the full "836 some odd" patches and expect even more
spectacular color BUT I'm facing a number of issues.
First of all, there's the fact that NEC won't share their SDK with me so, as
far as calibration is concerned, I am stuck with MultiProfiler (or
SpectraView) which, with the assistance of my CS-200, for all intents and
purposes, do an excellent job of nailing my target white point
chromaticities and gamma. As far as my little experiment is concerned here,
today, the primaries are at "native" (full gamut of the monitor), the white
point is at D65 and Luminance is at 100 cd/m2.
I started with targen, 200 patches.
Then, in my little Visual Basic .NET humble application, I imported the 200
RGB device RGB values from the ti1 file and blasted them, one by one, onto
I collected the measurements and save them out to a ti3 file, ready for
I ran the -Verbose option in colprof and got quite interesting feedback.
I think the last line, though, is nothing to write home about :
Profile check complete, peak err = 22.144786, avg err = 0.935990, RMS =1.937815