[argyllcms] Re: How bad is a wide color gamout measurement with a Spyder 2?

  • From: Christian Mayer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 21:13:57 +0100

Am 20.12.2010 10:46, schrieb Sam Berry:
> I'd suggest that buying such a laptop and not using a decent calibrator
> for it makes little sense though. A recent spyder3 is probably your best
> bet unless you can borrow an i1 Pro for an afternoon. A colorMunki seems
> a good investment come to think of it.

I'd love to get an spectrometer (that'll also help with making the RGB
LED illumination of my home to fit the halogen lamps perfectly...). But
it's not an option for the next few months. Money isn't endless...

> If none of these are possible then I have certainly seen many profiles
> posted on the internet from Dell RGBLED owners with Spyder3s. I'd give a
> few of these a go. But I'd not get my hopes up too much about getting a
> good screen-print match.

I didn't find any. In what forums did you have a look?
BTW, Dell support was looking itself and didn't find any. As that
support case is still open, I hope that they'll have one when xth level
support has been reached...

CU,
Chris