[argyllcms] Re: How bad is a wide color gamout measurement with a Spyder 2?

  • From: Sam Berry <samkberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 21:09:58 +0000

On 20 December 2010 20:13, Christian Mayer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 20.12.2010 10:46, schrieb Sam Berry:
> > I'd suggest that buying such a laptop and not using a decent calibrator
> > for it makes little sense though. A recent spyder3 is probably your best
> > bet unless you can borrow an i1 Pro for an afternoon. A colorMunki seems
> > a good investment come to think of it.
>
> I'd love to get an spectrometer (that'll also help with making the RGB
> LED illumination of my home to fit the halogen lamps perfectly...). But
> it's not an option for the next few months. Money isn't endless...

Getting LEDs to match your halogen lighting may not be as simple as you'd
hope, just to warn you in advance. LEDs just don't look the same, and it's
more than just a matter of setting the colour. But I digress....

> > If none of these are possible then I have certainly seen many profiles
> > posted on the internet from Dell RGBLED owners with Spyder3s. I'd give a
> > few of these a go. But I'd not get my hopes up too much about getting a
> > good screen-print match.
>
> I didn't find any. In what forums did you have a look?
> BTW, Dell support was looking itself and didn't find any. As that
> support case is still open, I hope that they'll have one when xth level
> support has been reached...
>
> CU,
> Chris

I can't remember where I found it as it was a while ago, but I was searching
for 'RGBLED icc profiles' or something similar to that. I'd try 'RGB-LED
+spyder-3 +icc +dell' in google or something like that.

You could always try this:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3648398&prodTypeId=382087&prodSeriesId=3648397&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4062

THe driver download has an ICM file which may be close enough to be of use,
at least for web browsing and I think it's v2 so it'll work in firefox.

Sam