[argyllcms] Gnome Color Managment

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:11:23 -0500

Gnome Color Management is now available for the latest version of Ubuntu
and Fedora.   I've been playing with it under Ubuntu 10.04, and I've
been having some problems figuring out what it is supposed to be doing.

Has anyone any experience with this application or comments about it?

Of course, there is no special reason Argyllcms forum users should feel
responsible for answering questions about this package, but I am having
trouble finding where to ask questions, and any suggestions of comments
here would be helpful.

For example, although the documentation seems to indicate that it should
ask me to calibrate my Eye One Pro before proceeding, it doesn't exactly
do that.   There is a Details button, which when pressed comes up with
the Argyllcms command line interface.  I can of course, proceed with
that, but in that case, I might as well ignore the color managment
package.

--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University