[argyllcms] Re: GaMapICC v0.5

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:50:02 +0100

For all of those reading this and not quite aware of the jargon, this
simple user-friendly droplet essentially does adaptive gamut mapping,
by first deriving the gamut of an image, and the defining a mapping
from that gamut to the target gamut and applying it -Klaus can correct
me if I'm wrong.
The problems are twofold, first off, you don't wanna do this brutally
if you have a batch of images fro the same shoot to process, as you
need uniformity of gamut mapping for a batch. And second, this didn't
really work well with some earlier versions of Argyll so testing is
required as it is all ... in the eye of the beholder :)

Edmund