[argyllcms] Re: GaMapICC v0.5

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:54:34 +0100

Klaus Karcher wrote:
There are substantial gamut mapping improvements in comparison to
previous versions.

edmund ronald wrote:
Improvements ?????

You disagree?

I think there are some cases where my tweaked collink version (based on 1.1.0 beta, used in GaMapICC 0.3b) provided superior results, but I think it was biased towards the test images I used to tweak the parameters and caused problems in other cases.

I think GaMapICC 0.5 is an improvement compared to 0.1 (Argyll 1.0.3) by all means and outperforms 0.3b /on average/.

... but I think there's still room for improvement. Maybe it could be useful to source out the gamut mapping parameters to an external configuration file. It could stimulate a collaborative approach to find the "ultimate" parameters ;-) as everyone would be able to adjust them without recompiling.

Klaus