[argyllcms] Re: [Fwd: Re: Printer grey-scaling profiling inaccuracy (using scanner)]

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:50:12 -0500

> Is that the same as the DTP22?

Yes, that's the other name it goes under.

> Also, I can't see how you accurately position
> the unit on a small colour patch...

There is a small circular hole drilled through some plastic base that is
very easy to position on a patch as small as 4mm x 4mm. You can't miss it.

Once you position the target window, you depress the head and the instrument
makes a measurement in 2 seconds. Really easy to operate.

> Failing that, what would you get for around $400, and would it still be a
> patch by patch affair at that price, or is some strip reading possible...

There is starting to have more and more EyeOnePro coming on eBay these days,
and Spectrocam too.

> Finally, can you make display measurements with these as well?

Not the DTP22 but both the EyeOnePro and the Spectrocam will.

> I have a Spyder
> 2, but I'm somewhat stuck with their software which I don't completely trust.

I understand. Instruments are not an easy business. Over the last 5 years, I
must have ploughed over 10 grand in instruments of various kinds.

> I agree that having gone into this as far as I have, I do need something!  :-)

Especially since you have a chance of working with argyll.

Regards,

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx