[argyllcms] Re: Fwd: Camera calibration using Silverfast DC Pro target

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:17:04 +1000

Jörg Rosenkranz wrote:
I am trying to calibrate my Nikon D90 using Argyll CMS and a target from
Silverfast (http://www.silverfast.com/show/dc-targets/en.html).
I have the problem that there is no CHT file for this target. The layout
(number of rows and columns) is like the ColorChecker SG but I could not
figure out whether I can modify the  ColorCheckerSG.cht to work with this
target. You can find a hires photo here: http://flickr.com/gp/joero/7dvNN4

The target is certainly rather reminiscent of the ColorChecker SG, although
various details are different.

I've created a .cht file and put it at:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/LaserSoftDCPro.cht>,
and checked it out against your photo. (I think SilverFast is the scanner
software,
while the charts are all called LaserSoft).

How do you get the CIE reference file ? Is it provided with the chart ?
Can you send me an example ?

Is there any documentation describing the creation of CHT files for
starters?

There is, but it's a bit of an art. Recently I've been creating them
by hand rather than trying to build them up from the raw recognition
data (the scanin -g output).

See how you go.