[argyllcms] Follow up to New user questions on display calibration

  • From: "Eric Fishwick, CLSA" <eric.fishwick@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:36:56 +0800

Graeme

Thanks for your answers to my previous email, may I follow up?

I shoot Raw so the source profile is set in the raw converter. Lightroom
uses a colour space called Melissa RGB which I understand has the gamut
of ProPhotoRGB but with a sRGB gamma curve.

If I

-redo the screen profile with Melissa RGB as the source icc

-use Melissa RGB as the source icc for the printer profile

Would that make sense given that my aim is to get (as close as possible)
a visual match between screen and printer. Most of my photography is
nature photography so I suspect at some point I will have colours that
are out of gamut for screen and printer.

Thanks

Eric

CLSA CLEAN & GREEN: Please consider our environment before printing this email.
The content of this communication is subject to CLSA Legal and Regulatory
Notices
These can be viewed at https://www.clsa.com/disclaimer.html or sent to you upon
request.