[argyllcms] Re: Few questions about spectrophotometers

  • From: ridouan <ridouan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:30:53 +0100

On 16-01-2012 14:24, Іван Циба wrote:
Thanks for answering.

Yes, I know that not all ColorMunkis is spectrophotometers (I have Colormunki Create which is colorimeter).

Ridouan, which variant (UV cut or not) you own? What guided your choice?

I was considering the UV-cut one (and if it had a user-detachable filter it would be a no-brainer), but based on what (a lot of) other people were saying regarding its advantages (not much) I just went with the non-UV one. BTW, I don't know if it's something you'd like to consider, but maybe you could look for a Spectrolino Spectroscan, I understand you can choose to fit UV, D65 and polizaring filters on it. You'd have the best of both worlds :) Only problem is that you won't find them new and I've read somewhere on the net that either they (=manufacturer) already stopped recertifying or will do so very shortly... Still it's an option something you might consider.

For example (without accessories tho): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gretag-SpectroScan-Color-Profiler-/260909824828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbf6ffb3c <http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gretag-SpectroScan-Color-Profiler-/260909824828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbf6ffb3c>

Kind regards,
Ridouan.