[argyllcms] Re: Error during colprof with nVidia on Fedora 10

  • From: Roland Mas <lolando@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:39:40 +0200

Graeme Gill, 2009-04-28 12:58:34 +1000 :

> Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>
>> I use argyllcms as obtained from the Fedora repositories.
>
>> The following command failed:
>
>> colprof: Error - Write file: 2, icc_read_tag: Tag 'AToB0
>> Multidimentional Transform' not found
>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Yes, Fedora have broken the source by patching icclib.

  I guess Debian (in other words, yours truly) did the same thing, since
we have received a similar bug report.

> Either grab the 1.0.3 binaries or source from the Argyll website and
> try again.

  Since the icclib in 1.0.3 has security problems (which was the reason
for the patching), could you provide an updated icclib without these
problems?  Or maybe just an updated patch?

  Thanks,

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Late frost burns the bloom / Would a fool not let the belt / Restrain the body?
  -- in Good Omens (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman)