[argyllcms] Epson ICM settings Windows 10 results in strange colors?

  • From: eyurtese@xxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 00:50:22 +0300

I am having trouble with windows color management. I am trying to calibrate my printer using Argyll CMS and the end result is slightly off...

I already asked this from dpreview so here is the link to detailed explanation with images:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62727691

To summarize, I am using `cctiff` to apply srgb->custom printer profile conversion.

* If I print the resulting image WITHOUT color management then the image is as I expect it to be.
* If I upload the custom printer profile to windows color management and select it as default. Then print pre-converted original, letting ICM do the task itself, then the printout is different.

The weird thing is that I enabled print preview in Epson driver and the preview image is exactly same as the `cctiff` converted image. But when it is printed it looks different.

I think print-preview of Epson shows the final data to be sent to printer so I do not quite understand why the end result is different when I let windows manage ICM.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Evren