[argyllcms] Re: Eizo Internal LUT access with Argyll?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:16:14 +1100

Matthieu DUBAIL wrote:
> Very interesting. Did you found those informations in a white paper?
> So from what I understand, Eizo did changed their internal display LUT from
> 1D LUTS to 3D LUTS. I do understand that Graeme don't want to spend time on
> ever changing proprietary technologies. :)

The aim of such 3D luts is different to general calibration and profiling -
it is for the display to be a complete color management system, where
it emulates various RGB color spaces. This is beyond the scope of Argyll
currently, and would end up being rather device and application specific.

ICC profiles on the other hand form part of an open system that all
applications can participate in.