[argyllcms] Re: DisplayCAL

  • From: "Florian Höch" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "lists+argyllcms" for DMARC)
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 13:52:46 +0100

Hi Roger,

time spent measuring will mostly depend on the instrument(s) used. If you can, use an i1 Display Pro, and the whole process should take around 7 minutes if you compromise on calibration and set the fastest calibration speed (and use defaults otherwise).

Cheers,

Florian.

Am 22.11.2019 um 03:25 schrieb graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

What would be the « minimum » kind of time to calibrate and profile a MacBook with DisplayCAL? I have a class coming next Monday night and I offered the students to bring their own “devices” (mostly Macbooks) to calibrate and profile them using some of my instruments, i1pro, ColorMunki, Spyders – anything that will be recognized by current MacOS…

I don’t have a Macbook for testing here -- sadly. I figured downloading and installing the software is not going to take long? But, what kind of time am I looking at, for a “minimum” kind of job? I saw a video on YouTube on DisplayCAL where it was said that the time to calibrate and profile was 30 minutes which is way too long for the limited class time I have ☹

Best / Roger