[argyllcms] Re: Dev. Mnfctr and Dev. Model

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 05:02:59 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
I've just generated a camera profile, and there are still some entries
which I'd like to set/exclude:

The following entries are listed as ????:

  Dev. Mnfctr. = '????'
  Dev. Model   = '????'

Can I set these? What do these values represent?

They could be set, but unless the device you are using
happens to match the registered tags for manufacturer and
model, there is little point. This is really for manufacturers
who want to ship profiles with a product, and who will therefore
go to the trouble of registering tags with the ICC.

You can set the Manufacturer and Model description tags instead.