[argyllcms] Re: Datacolor SpyderCheckr

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:37:38 +1100

Jose Pereira wrote:
> I created a .cht and .cie file for the Datacolor SpyderCheckr color chart,
> in case anyone finds it useful.

Hi,
        thanks, but since these includes color patch values taken from
the Datacolor website, I don't think I can include these in an Argyll
release due to copyright. Datacolor have (presumably deliberately)
provided the nominal patch values as a .jpg image, to frustrate
third party use of the target. There are three possible workarounds:

i)   Each person could create their own reference file
     by typing in the values from the Datacolor website.
ii)  Someone could write an OCR module that is capable of parsing
     the image into reference numbers.
iii) Someone could measure a chart and provide that as a reference.
iv)  Use a chart from a different vendor.