[argyllcms] Re: Creating ICC profiles of known color spaces

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:40:02 +0000

On 22 November 2012 10:29, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The alternative is I use lcms2 to do this manually in C, but I'd
>> rather not re-invent the wheel if I can avoid it.
>
> Probably this is the easiest approach.

Okay, I've just tried this, and lcms2 now defaults to creating version
4.3 profiles (i.e. D50 + chad) rather than letting me specify a D65
whitepoint with no chromatic adaptation like v2 used to do. Do you
think that generating a v4 profile for a standard space is a good
idea? It doesn't matter for Wide Gamut RGB (D50) but I'm using
AdobeRGB and comparing it against your profile for a sanity check.

Richard.