[argyllcms] Correcting Lab readings for paper white

  • From: John Weissberg <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:56:21 +0200

I have made a set of Lab readings of a test chart. I am looking for a simple method that will help me correct the Lab values for the paper white.

I am looking for a mapping that would, for example, convert my paper white point from:

97.51   0.78    -2.96 -> 100 0 0

I know I could try a roundtrip through the ICC profile I have calculated for this printer. I am afraid that this will introduce largish errors.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a simpler formula for the correction.

--
John Weissberg
PerfectProof - Accuracy Made Easy

www.perfectproof.com