[argyllcms] Re: Colorvision Spyder 2 Express + LED monitor

  • From: "Xavi" <aruiz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 20:36:03 +0100

Hello Kristofor.

I don't know if I can help you but I will try.

I have an Spyder2Express, an I1Display and a Colormunki. For my experience,
comparing these 3 instruments, I obtain similar results using the I1Display
and the Colormunki, but different results (magenta cast) using the
Spyder2Express.

I have compared these sensors calibrating the monitor of a laptop (I don't
know their retroillluminant technology but it is very thin), another
supposed VA monitor, HP, an Eizo monitor with PVA panel and a S-IPS monitor
from Dell. With all these differents monitors I see the same different
results when I use the Spyder2Express, but not with the symptoms that you
describe.

Any of the tested monitors is apparently a LED monitor. I doubt about the
laptop monitor. But seems that the LED technolgy involves how the panel is
retroilluminated. I don't know if it is possible to obtain these bad results
that you describes only to the LED technology.

If you are thinking about to buy a new sensor, think that the Colormunki is
supported by the fantastic application ArgyllCMS, as a device to profile
monitors and printers !

Regards,
Xavi.

  _____