[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki Smile display types

  • From: Torsten Bronger <bronger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:43:27 +0200

Hallöchen!

Graeme Gill writes:

> [...]
>
> there is actually a simpler way to achieve this, since the
> inst_disptypesel selector is a string, and each character is
> regarded as an alias. But the problem with either scheme is that
> earlier selectors occlude latter ones, so if a compiled in
> selection of (say) the i1d3 is given an alias 'l', then a later
> ccss with selector 'l' will be shifted to a number. I imagine this
> is why I removed 'l' and 'c' aliases from some instruments.

My dispcalGUI version sets both -yl and -X xxx.ccss.  Is this
redundant, possibly even problematic?  I have let dispcalGUI read
the CD shipped with my i1d3 (probably it used oeminst for this), and
dispcal called without arguments tells me some numeric -y arguments.
Shouldn't dispcalGUI use them?

Tschö,
Torsten.

--