[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki Smile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:17:25 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> The new ColorMunki Smile looks like a Eye-One Display. Just out of
> curiousity I'm wondering if the device has the same USB ID as earlier
> devices?

Hi Pascal,
        I got one a little while ago and added support in
the development code. It's got it's own USB PID and unlock code, and
seems to be i1display like in most ways, including the communication
protocol and calibration information. (I was a little surprised
at that - I thought that maybe it would be i1d3 like, but without
the optics). It seems to use the internal name "ColorMunki Display Lite".
It doesn't have a CRT mode, just two LCD modes: "LCD with CCFL backlight",
and "LCD with White LED backlight".

I'd hope that they have improved the filters a bit (along the lines
of the i1d3), so that it works better with wide gamut displays, but
I have no real way of figuring out if that is the case or not.

Graeme.