[argyllcms] Re: Chartread with my EyeOnePro : some thoughts

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:35:40 -0500

Graeme,

That's a consequence of your software ;-)

34 sounded like way too much. So much that it could only be explained by
something really wrong.

Anyhow, you've convinced me to try re-visit chartread one more time. As long
as I don't run into the dreaded "Too many patches" error message, it'll be
worth taking it to the next level, I guess, and compare with MeasureTool
measurement file. I'll be interesting.

> Right, but this isn't magic. The 34 delta E is to the (loosely) expected
> value (ie. the value I read on one of my charts when I created the .ti2
> file). How did you decide that this wasn't a mis-read that a retry
> would correct, or that your chart really is expected to be very similar to
> the expected values ?
>
> Graeme Gill.

Roger Breton