[argyllcms] CIE Reference File Format?

  • From: "kevin smiley" <kevin.m.smiley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:56:21 -0400

Hi,

I am attempting to take readings from a scanner, using a custom target
generated by X-Rite's ColorPort. The Argyll Usage Scenario page tells me I
need "a file containing the CIE values for each of the patches in the
chart".

When generating scanner.tif, ColorPort also generates scanner.xml, which
contains data about the chart- number of rows and columns, color data for
each patch, etc. Scanner.xml isn't in a format that's readable by scanin, so
a more compatible file must be made.  However, how to generate that file "is
beyond the scope of the current documentation."

So, my question is, what file format does scanin expect for the reference
CIE values? Can you refer me to any kind of specification or resource that
would allow me to build that file?

Kevin Smiley