[argyllcms] Re: Black generation and black ink limiting

  • From: Fabrizio Levati <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 09:02:15 +0200

>> you can be pretty sure that the total CMYK will result in the target
>> L*a*b* value (at least up until it clips, when the total ink limit is
>> reached),
>> no matter what the curves look like. You can always check this by running
>> the resulting CMYK numbers back thought the forward (A2B) conversion.

Maybe it's my poor English or my poor profile knowledge but, I'm not sure to
understand.

Would you mind translating it in terms of xicclu?

I'm always getting confused in associating A2B, backward and forward. All
the color management papers and books refer to A2B tables as backwards
transformation... :-/

Fabrizio