[argyllcms] Re: Argyllcms 1.6.0 and DTP94 instrument access failed

  • From: robert@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 20:50:17 -0500

Thanks for the quick reply. I wrestled with installing windows on a spare drive
and am profiling right now... I remember why I hate windows... Spent hours over
writing, playing with cabling, etc, just trying to install only to find windows
setup couldn't play nice with my one drive still attached. Then comes driver
hell. Ugh.

Argyll and dispcalgui seem to be running perfectly so far on Windows 7 64 bit.
Can stop calibration multiple times and I don't get that error about the
instrument access.

I think it would be nice to place even a link or general directions on where to
find old versions, if there is any kind of versioning system in place, etc.

Lastly, two questions.

1. Are profiles OS / driver specific? Will my windows 7 profiles be valid under
linux?

2. When doing a LUT profile in dispcalgui there is a drop down box for what I
assume is the table size, defaults to 33x33x33 however you can go bigger.
Besides file size is there any down side to selecting bigger, I assume
compatibility would be affected? But also would think that banding would be
less? Sorry if these are novice questions, just getting into color management.

2b. Single curve versus separate color curves as well for compatibility?

Thanks for the hard work on it, looks like a great program from what I've seen
in my Googling.