[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS Version 0.52 Released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:11:42 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

I'm actually puzzled why in

 http://www.imaging.org/conferences/cic13/details.cfm?pass=13

the use of TPS for device characterization is considered so novel? Argyll is obviously already using (a discrete, piecewise linear variant) of multi-dimensional TPS for device characterization over the past years.

Ah well, everything old is new again !

My implementation was based on Don Bones reports, some of which were
published by the SPIE in 1993, and the SPIE has some association
with IS&T, jointly publishing a journal together. I guess the paper
does hold something new, or the peer review wasn't diligent enough
in noticing the lack of some references.

Graeme,