[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V0.70 Beta 8 test now available.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:42:26 +1100

Frédéric Crozat wrote:

now, we still need to do 2 calls :
dispwin profile.icc
dispwin -S profile.icc

IMO, it would have been better to merge both calls, but since you
disagree, I won't try to change your mind.

I guess you're right, since I was forgetting that the X11 server won't
store the atom value in a non-volatile way (I presume). In some ways this
makes it an unsuitable vehicle for storing the display profile state.
Given an X11 server may talk to many clients, this could lead to
the situation where there is disagreement over who stores and
sets the _ICC_PROFILE state on behalf of a server. It would
be better if there were persistent atoms stored in the X server.

I'll look into implementing it so that you can use the -S and -L flags
together at startup.