[argyllcms] Argyll CMS 64 bit files and Microsoft Security Essentials

  • From: "Philip Reed" <philipreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 01:12:45 -0400

Hello,

Whenever I try to extract the 64bit archive for Argyll v1.5.0 or v1.5.1 to
any location on my computer, Real-time Protection of MSE stops.  I'm running
Windows 7 64bit and have been noticing MSE shutting down intermittently for
the last few months.  I never expected it was Argyll CMS.

Recently I did a fresh install and everything was fine until I installed
Argyll CMS 64 bit v1.5.1.  Immediately MSE stopped.  I then manually started
the MSE service.  I then tried v1.5.0 64 bit and MSE shut down again.  After
re-starting MSE I tried both the 32 bit v1.5.0 and 32 bit v1.5.1 archives
and both did not affect MSE.

This behaviour is very odd and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it or
has any ideas?

Also, do I need to run the 64bit version of Argyll with 64 bit Windows 7 and
DispcalGUI or can I run the 32 bit version of Argyll with my Windows 64 bit?
I thought I only needed an Argyll 64bit USB driver for compatibility with
Windows 64bit?  Shouldn't all the 32bit Argyll executables work in a CMD
shell under Windows 7 64bit?

Thanks for any help - Phil