[argyllcms] Re: Argyll

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:08:01 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:
I found out yesterday night, googling my way on the internet, that there is
a city in Scottland called Argyll. Did you know that Graeme?

My presumption has always been that, the Argyll Street in which I live was
named after that region in Scottland. Many things here get named after
features, people and events from "the old country".
You may notice that the tartan on the ArgyllCMS web page is the Argyll
District Tartan (I wrote a small program to generate the raster file
from the tartan thread sett).