[argyllcms] Are these good SpectraView II Results (NEC3090 with ColorMunki)

  • From: David Heinrich <dh003i@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:29:10 -0500

As suggested by several on this mailing list, I bought a copy of
Spectrarview II and used it to auto-calibrate my NEC3090WQXi with the
ColorMunki. Here are my results, are these good?

Also, it says my "Current Usage" is 204.8 hours (8.53 days of total
on-time). It seems like I've been on it for more hours than that by
myself, and this is a refurbished monitor. Is this accurate?

Black Body:
=========
Target - 5001 K (0.0346, 0.0358)
Calibrated - 5036 K (0.0345 , 0.0358)
Delta  E: 0.69

Contrast Ratio:
===========
Target - Monitor Default
Calibrated - 222:1

Display Luminance:
==============
Black Level:
  Target - N/A
  Calibrated - 0.036 cd/m^2
Intensity:
  Target - 80.0 cd/m^2
  Calibrated - 79.4 cd/m^2
Auto Luminance - On

Gamma Curve:
===========
Target - 1.80
Calibration Steps - 32

Color Tracking:
Excluding Dark Values:
  Grayscale dE Average - 0.97
  Grayscale dE Maximum - 1.82
Including Dark Values:
  Grayscale dE Average - 1.59
  Grayscale dE Maximum - 5.78

So presuming these are good values, I should go ahead with Argyll CMS
and do a high-quality LUT-based profiling?