[argyllcms] Re: A bit of fun with a Datacolor 1005

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:33:08 +1100

Philip Pemberton wrote:

> I'm wondering what's involved in density measurement... though to be
> fair, I still have an XRite 890 autoscan densitometer for that. Just
> can't do spot readings with it... :-/

You need to meet the spectral filter requirements of whatever status
you are trying to measure. With a spectrometer, the filter
shape can be anything you want. With the 1005, the LED's would
have to be at wavelengths to match the desired filter characteristics.

> Though I'm curious - what are you using instead of libusb?

The native API's + libusb-win32 system driver for MSWin.
I've simply cut out the middle man.