[arachne] Re: dr webspider and arachne

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:18:01 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, December 16, 2008 7:31 am, marinelluccia1@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If really dr webspider it's make usng a old version of arachne and
> work in dpmi and have Js support, whay arachne don't have this
> feathures?
> It's hard to implementing this in new arachne version?
>
> And  last, if  caldera release the source of open dos , it's not
> possible using the source of Dr webspider under permission?

DR-WebSpyder was in fact an offshoot of Arachne developed by
Caldera based on licensed code from Michael Polak. Designed for
thin clients and embedded systems. 32 bit, it included JS and SSL
support. Version 2.01 was released ten years ago in 1998. Caldera
later abandoned development of all of it's DOS applications in favor
of Linux.

DR-WebSpyder was a proprietary project, not open source and, as far
as I know, the source code is not available. DR-WebSpyder can still
be found on the internet and downloaded for personal use.

Google DR WebSpyder for particulars

Sam Ewalt