[arachne] Re: dosemu+arachne

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:48:58 +1000

Hi Rob,

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 19:33:48 -0600 (CST), Rob <robo13@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wow this list is still alive! So I'm going to ask some questions.
> My laptop was running OpenBSD, that may change to NetBSD as I like
> both. I have installed Slackware ver. 14.0 on it for various reasons,
> mainly to check out 14.0. My questions, has anyone run dosemu on the
> BSDs? Have you compiled dosemu on BSD? Have you run Arachne on
> Freedos running in dosemu in BSD?

  I don't know about BSD, but Matt Gilbert has managed to run Arachne in
DOSBOX in SW13 or SW14.

> I can run Arachne 170.ver3 in dosemu
> in Slackware, but not any newer versions of Arachne. Whazzup with that?
> I have compiled and run both svgalib and libggi versions of Arachne on
> Slackware, but the settings for Arachne in svgalib really screw every
> other svgalib program I have.

  The Linux version of Arachne is proof of concept only. NOT really
functional. We need a good Linux programmer or two to get involved.

   Yes. www.glennmcc.org

> Is there any developement ongoing for Arachne?

  Only minor tweaks and extra plug-ins.

> Are there any newer versions for Linux?

  No.

Ron

Ron Clarke
AUSREG Consultancy      http://www.ausreg.com
Tadpole Tunes           http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 7, 8, 95, 98 or 2000.