[arachne] arachne Digest V6 #441

  • From: Gloria Burd <burdlady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 08:13:00 -0500

Hello Everyone,

To Ray and Glenn, a warm thank you for all you have done.  I can't live
without Arachne; it is the only graphical browser that will work on my
486-50 legacy (75% DOS, 25% Windoze) PC.  I love Arachne!

Brian has some great ideas about enlisting the aid of programmers to help
with DOS and DOS browsers.  What I would really love is a DOS ISP that is
just like CompuServe in its glory days, before AOL, in its infinite (lack
of) wisdom, decided to move all its forums, news departments, and so on, to
the World Wide Web, leaving us DOS lovers with only e-mail.  Or, how about
a DOS ISP similar to what Prodigy used to be like (for those who like
graphics)?

I can't program worth beans (word processing is my beat; I use WordPerfect
6.0 for DOS and love it), but I thought I'd throw a couple of ideas out.

Best wishes,

Gloria Burd
burdlady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx